If you get an error similar to the following:
We are sorry, but you do not have access to Google AI Studio. Please contact
your Organization Administrator for access.
when trying to access Google AI Studio using your workspace account, you may need to enable Early Access apps in that account.
Google AI Studio is an early access app. Early Access apps are services and products developed by Google teams. Learn more about early access apps on the turning on early access apps support page.
Your current account might not have permission to do these steps. To continue, make sure you're signed in to an admin account. Learn more
As an admin, you can control who uses Early Access apps:
- Early Access apps are turned off by default for all editions.
- The setting lets you turn all Early Access apps on or off. You can't turn on or off individual apps independently.
- Google Workspace for Education editions: Users under the age of 18 are restricted from using Early Access apps with their Google Workspace for Education accounts. This is true even when the Early Access Apps setting is on. For details, go to Control access to Google services by age.
- Early Access apps access to core services is also off by default.
Turn on Early Access apps
- In the workspace Admin console, go to Menu -> Apps -> Additional Google services.
- In the list of all services, scroll to and click Early Access Apps. The settings for Early Access Apps page opens.
- On the Settings for Early Access Apps page, click Service status.
- To turn a service on or off, select On or Off, and then click Save.
- To turn on and off a service for an organization or a group within an organization, see the detailed steps in the support article.
Enable Core Data Access Permissions
To use Google AI Studio, you must also allow Early Access apps to access core services.
- On the Settings for Early Access Apps page, click Core Data Access Permissions.
- Click Allow users at your organization to access Google Workspace and Customer Data using Early Access apps.
- Click Save.